2017 Blackhawk Running Club - Welcome Letter
Welcome to the Blackhawk Running Club (BRC)! We are excited for the upcoming season and for your child(ren) to join our team! It is our goal to make this running season as fun as possible while instilling the values of hard work, teamwork, and sportsmanship in all of our runners.
- Races are run through grass, trails, dirt, fields, etc.
- Race distances are typically 1 mile for grades 4-6 and 1-1.5 miles for grades 7-8 .
- Runners typically compete with similar grade levels.
- Every runner needs a physical on file with the BRC.
- Sports physicals are good for 2 consecutive calendar years.
- If your child had a physical last year, we will need a copy of the physical and you will need to sign an alternate year card.
- We also need a signed permission slip/registration form for each child that is participating. We will have the forms available on-line or we will e-mail the document(s) to you.
- For the Oaklawn Meet, we will need a signed waiver holding them harmless as we will be running on private property.
$40 - This fee covers the cost of a team t-shirt, meet entry fees, liability insurance through the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA), and our year-end banquet/award ceremony.
Paperwork and fees must be turned in by the end of the 2nd week of practice for your child(ren) to be eligible to participate in practice/meets.
What to bring/wear:
- We will run in all weather (except T-storms), so dress appropriately.
- If it is cold/cool, dress in layers (it is easier to cool down than warm up).
- Water/sports drink and a healthy snack for practices and meets.
- Running shoes.
- Our season officially begins on Tuesday, August 15.
- Practices will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Family members are welcome to stay and watch OR run with us.
- Practices include dynamic warm-up, core strengthening, running, games, relay races, and cool-down.
- The total distance covered during some practices may add up to 2-3 miles.
Cross Country Meets:
- We typically participate in 7-9 meets in September and October.
- Meet locations might include: Janesville, Fort Atkinson, Edgerton, Verona, West Allis, and Cambridge.
- Races are held on different days of the week (typical days are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday).
- The lower grades (usually) run first.
What to bring (for meets):
A healthy snack, water/sports drink, running shoes, team shirt, positive attitude and competitive spirit!!
- We ask that parents drive their child(ren) to meets or carpool.
- We will provide you with directions and/or meet locations.
Year-End Party/Celebration: typically held the first Sunday after our final meet of the season (mid-Oct).
|2017 Blackhawk Running Club Schedule|
All practices are held at the Luther Elementary School soccer fields. Practice time(s): 3:30-4:30 p.m.
|Thursday, Aug 31||TBA||Camrock Invitational (Cambridge) - Middle School Only|
|Thursday, Sept 14||TBA||Optimist Invite (Janesville)|
|Tuesday, Sept 19||TBA||Oaklawn Academy (Edgerton)|
|Tuesday, Sept 23||TBA||Midwest Invite (Janesville)|
|Friday, Sept 29||TBA||St. Mary (Janesville)|
|Thursday, Oct 5||TBA||St. William (Janesville)|
|Thursday, Oct 12||TBA||St. Joe's (Fort Atkinson)|
|Friday, Oct 13||TBA||Grade School Challenge (West Allis) - Top 7 Boys/Girls|